Tuesday 13 June 2017

Chemo sucks

I haven't had the strength nor desire to write over the past couple of weeks simply because it's been a bit of a rough ride. After my 3rd chemo session on June 1st I had probably one of the worst weeks since this all began. I was feeling sick, not able to eat, and on Monday June 5 (Shayne's 9th birthday) I ended up in the hospital to be pumped full of liquids for hours on end.

Yes, chemo sucks - sorry for the crude description, but it's really the only thing I can think of at this time!

Most people know that euphoric feeling that you have after you've been through a terrible illness or flu for days on end, and then it's finally over and you feel better and you can eat normally once again. That's how I feel today. I can actually eat. My legs don't feel like I have 25 lb weights attached to them.

A couple of days ago my good friends Marian and Rob came over and cooked dinner for me and we spent a few awesome hours getting caught up and talking. It was great!! Once again, I'm overwhelmed by the people in my life, what can I say? I sometimes wonder what I've done to deserve it to be honest.

Overall, I'm very happy. I'm halfway through my chemo sessions (3 of 6), and looking forward to our summer vacation in Nova Scotia in July. I just have to make sure that I'm not going to be sick while we're out there. It's hard to predict, the reaction I've had after each chemo session so far has been different. In fact, the terrible week I had after the 3rd could also be contributed to a virus that just happened to hit me 100 times harder than someone not on chemo.

Today, I'm feeling great! Life is good once again. It's great that the weather is finally improved and we have lots of warmth and sunshine. The other day I did a 14 km bike ride and it was fantastic.

Looking forward to an amazing summer. Thanks so much to everyone I love hearing from you and I just want you all to know that all is well. I'm inspired every day, especially by my family.


Anika and Shayne, my inspiration - performing at their school talent show in June 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment