Monday 13 August 2018

It’s OK

It was a week of pretty bad news, but it's OK . . .

My PSA levels continue to climb once again as has been the pattern, doubling every few weeks, and I am now officially out of the Triton2/Rucaparib clinical trial that I've been in since March at Hamilton's Juravinski Cancer Centre. It was effective for a few months but apparently has now run its course as my aggressive cancer has outsmarted it as it has managed to do with each cancer treatment we’ve thrown its way so far.

Unfortunately I’ve also been rejected from the new immunotherapy clinical trial which we had high hopes for and seemed to be my next viable option, but it's OK.

I've just completed five of five radiation treatments at the Grand River Cancer Centre to alleviate my recent leg/femur pain, which based on the latest scans are more active tumours, and as a result caused our cottage vacation last week to be cut short. The spots on my liver are now bigger and have become significant and a new area of concern. These latest scans proved to be all bad news.

But that's OK.

I woke up this morning, and I was happy. I look at my family, and I feel happy. I can't describe how proud I am of Kat and the kids, they have transformed me into a complete and happy human being. I have no complaints. I am a lucky man.

We are off to the cottage for our annual family cottage vacation this weekend and back on labour day.

The next step for me would then be a very important meeting with my clinical trial oncologist to find out what's next on Thursday, September 6. This will be a BIG day! By then, we hope that he and his oncology team will have a plan in place with new options that can help me. We hope that he has some more tricks up his sleeve. I have faith in Dr. H.

In the meantime, I am going to enjoy every single minute of every single day. I can't wait for this weekend and to spend an entire two weeks with my family at the cottage out in Prince Edward County, not worrying and not thinking too much. It's going to be awesome. I wish you and your family a great summer and will be back with more news in September.


The inaugural flight of our latest Drone, the DJI Spark filming in Full HD video.
Pilot: Shayne Gal.








No comments:

Post a Comment